Being able to interact with your team members is an important part of any online multiplayer game. In case you are playing with your squad on Fortnite, then you must be using a mic to communicate with them. Sadly, there are certain basic issues that can cause your mic to malfunction. If voice chat is not working on Fortnite, then read on and apply the solutions mentioned below.
Relaunch the Game
In most cases, rebooting is one of the best and quickest ways to solve any issue. So, log out of the game and then login again. Now, relaunch the game.
Install the Most Recent Fortnite Patch
You should follow these instructions given below:
- Firstly, you should launch the Epic Game Launcher on your system.
- After that, reach the left pane and select the Library option.
- Then go to the right side and choose the gear option.
- You have to switch the toggle of ‘Auto Update’ to enable it.
- Later, reboot the ‘Epic Game Launcher’ on your screen.
- In case any patch is applicable, it will be recognized by the ‘Epic Game Launcher’, and the newest patch of Fortnite will be downloaded automatically once you run Fortnite.
- Now, you should launch the Fortnite once again and check if the voice chat issue has been resolved.
Don’t Forget to Enable the Mic for Fortnite
You should follow the steps given below:
- Hold the Windows and I keys to open the Windows Settings.
- After that, click on the Privacy option.
- You should select the Microphone option on the left side panel and don’t forget to turn on the ‘Microphone access for this device’ option.
- Now, launch Fortnite to check whether voice chat is working or not.
Check the Audio Settings
You should follow these solutions given below:
- You should disable the voice chat temporarily in Fortnite.
- Then click on the button of Menu at the top right side of the screen.
- After that, select the icon of gear to invoke the settings of the game.
- Go to the icon of the speaker to see the settings of the audio.
- Now, disable the Voice Chat and select the Apply button.
- Close Fortnite.
- Navigate to the desktop, and select the Speaker option and right-click on it.
- Then choose the Sounds option.
- You should select the Playback section, choose the Headphones/Speakers option, and select the ‘Set Default’ option.
- Later, navigate to the Recording section and select your mic. Click on Set as Default.
- During the Recording section, check if the mic is working.
- If you see green colored bar, then click the OK button.
- Now, launch the game and enable Voice Chat.
Install Fortnite Again
You should follow these directions given below:
- Firstly, launch the Epic Game Launcher on your system.
- Click on the Library option.
- Go to the right side and select the gear button.
- Choose the Uninstall button.
- Later, reboot the system.
- Now, open the Epic Game Launcher to download the Fortnite once again.
Hopefully, by following the solutions mentioned above, you will be able to fix the voice chat not working on Fortnite issue.
Ellen Cooper is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.