Microsoft is going to provide a semi-annual Windows update of November 2019 in the upcoming weeks. Your PC will soon start getting Windows update if you don’t schedule it for further in the future. If you have already installed may 2019 updates of Windows 10 on your device, then your device will be updated quickly. But if you haven’t updated may 2019 Windows, then your device will consume huge time, too much storage, and a lot of data. That means if you are already running on low storage space, then Windows 10 November 2019 update can be lethal for your laptop or desktop. In this article, you are going to learn how to delay the Windows Update of November 2019 for a specific time. Let’s get started.
How to Stop a Particular Windows 10 Update Using the Postpone Method?
Yes, you heard it right! There is a feature in Windows 10 that allows users to postpone the updates for a week. Let’s see how to do it practically:
- Browse Settings on your old school computer.
- Now head to the Update and Security.
- Navigate to Windows Update.
- There you have to Press the Schedule the Restart option.
- Now you will find a toggle switch, which is located beneath the Schedule a time option. Press that button to turn on the Windows update postpone feature.
- Decide a time for upcoming days to restart the process of Windows Update automatically. You can only choose up to seven days at max.
Now the Windows update has been postponed, and the process and notification of update won’t irritate you until the delayed date arrives. That day the process will start automatically. Till then, you can arrange some data of your device to a safe place to free up the C drive for the November 2019 windows update. If you want to prevent windows update for more than a week, then continue reading this article, and you will get a solution.
How to Prevent Windows 10 from Installing Updates Using the Pause Feature?
In order to pause the Windows 10 update downloads and installations, follow these simple instructions:
- Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
- Now head to the Settings by simply searching for it.
- Go to the Update & Security option.
- After that, choose the Windows Update option.
- Once there, go to “Advanced options” and then look for the Pause Updates section.
- Now there you can see the Select date drop-down option. You have to click on that and then choose a date of choice. Till that date, the windows update feature will remain paused.
Keep in mind that you can pause the Windows update for not more than 35 days.
Deferring Windows 10 Updates for Prolonged Time
If you want to postpone the windows update for more than seven days and 35 days, then this method is made for only you. Do you know there is an official feature form the Microsoft available in particular Windows 10 versions that allow the user to stop windows for the next 12 months? Let’s see how to set it up:
- Go to the Settings.
- Now head to the Update & Security option.
- Once you reach there, you have to choose the Windows Update option.
- After that, go to “Advanced options.”
- There you will see a section named “Choose when updates are installed.” Now there are two options to choose from. You can choose either of them because both options are almost the same. They will stop the update for up to 12 months.
- In the drop-down menu, choose the time for how long you want to defer the Windows 10 updates.
Ellen Cooper is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.